Can Lemon Juice help a Fatty Liver?

Lemon juice has various benefits for your liver, mainly because it helps digesting the food you eat. The lemon juice has certain components that stimulate your digestive juices to process your food a better way.

Further more, lemon juice can help to prevent entrance of undigested food into the bloodstream.

The filtering of the undigested food is actually the job of the liver already, and is responsible to prevent undigested food particles to enter to your bloodstream. By doing it, the undigested food is treated as contaminates.

lemon juice for fatty liver

Liver lemon juice can relieve the liver with its workload, and for fatty liver disease patients, this means that the liver can work more effectively to process the food you eat, especially fat.

Rich in Vitamin C

Additionally, lemon juice is rich of Vitamin C, which is an excellent antioxidant. As an antioxidant, it can cleanse your blood from various toxins.

Another benefit of a lemon juice is that it can also help removing gallstones from the bladder. Every time you mix a lemon juice with Epsom salts and olive oil, the bile produced by the liver is not used anymore. The pileup of the bile will pressure the gallstones outside of your bladder.

I’ve posted some recommendations on our Facebook Page on how to drink lemon juice. I recommend you reading it:

1. kim
    kim says:

does pain come with fatty liver….i was diagnosed having fatty liver…… but i have been feeling a pain on the upper left side of my abdomen and the right side but its mild there

could this be couse of the fatty liver

the pain has been there for years

2. Bobby V
    Bobby V says:

I was diagnosed with fatty liver in my early 30’s and im now 50. Since I have incorporated lemons in my diet I have noticed a steep decline in my liver enzyme (ALT) levels taking into account other factors. My enzyme levels are still elevated but I believe that lemon juice(no sugar) is a major factor in reducing these levels. After all these years I still feel normal and im finally losing the weight i need to improve my condition.

3. Megajone
    Megajone says:

Just diagnose with fatty liver this month, I will try this lemon juice, hope my blood chem next mo improve.
    Wish everyone is at best condition.

4. ma
    ma says:

I was 56yo male, a year ago I had fatty liver and looked like I was 8 months pregnant (according to some women). I hated it and only me to be blames. One day I decided to change myself and health to better one and be athletic once again.
    My solution after further research:
    1—First, had a physical exam to have a base line—had high blood pressure, pre-diabetic, cholesterol high, and weak.
    2—Eat healthy and watch my intake portion.
    3—Stop soda, cereals, and sweets intake. Not cut down, stop.
    4—Exercise: walk, stationary bike, stretches, jog in place, squats, mountain climb, push ups,—-30 to 60 minutes every other days. I started slow, did not want pain or suffering, just gradual to more slowly.
    5—Pray for wisdom and determination.
    6—Documented my daily food intake, weight, and planning for more.
    7—Learn to love myself more, my feeling, and more praying.
    8—Six months later, physcial exam was excellent.

5. susan
    susan says:

I was diagnosed with fatty liver 5 years ago. I have taken 3 rounds of liver cleans pills, artichoke liquid, milk thistle pills, green tea. I started this regime about a month ago. Bought a cuisinart electric juice machine and drink fresh juice from oranges, or tangerines before I even wash my face. Do 5 minutes on the eliptical machine at a moderate speeed. Add one frozen lemon (limes are better) to my bottle of water and drink this during the day at the office. In the evening I drink anter 2-3 glasses of lime water.
    I was 70 pounds over weight now down to 50 over
    combine the above regimen with a couple of glasses of cold green tea.
    all my tests are excellent whuch is a consternation for the Doctor. With the exception of being fat and have moderately high blood pressure, I can say after this month of lemon water and orange juice, I Feeel better.. Maybe all the other stuff helped, but I never felt any better until the lemon water. Even my clothes are getting loose around the mid section. Plan to stay on this for ever.

6. Jennifer
    Jennifer says:

Had never heard of fatty liver before I was diagnosed with it a few weeks ago. Hope it was the slap in the face I needed to stop drinking forever. I haven’t had a drink since the diagnosis and I’m feeling pretty good, all things considered. I’ve cut out sugar completely, am eating more fruits and raw veggies and drinking plenty of good old water.

Just wanted to say hi and wish everyone the best. Keep it up, all!

7. Darryl
    Darryl says:

About 3 years ago I was told by my doctor I had fatty liver.I drink alcohol quite heavily.In my latest blood test it showed the enzymes in my liver were elevated.When I wear socks they dent the skin around my ankles.I have now decided enough is enough and want to be healthy again.I stopped drinking alcohol 2 weeks ago completely and am drinking about 3 litres of water a day.I have started taking milk thistle tablets as well.Do you think this will heal my liver problems.I have changed my diet totally and have even stopped using butter spreads and salt.I am 37 years old have plenty of energy.