Fatty Liver on Ultrasound & Fatty Liver Images

One of the common ways to diagnose liver disorders and diseases (including fatty liver) is an abdominal ultrasound test.

Using fatty liver ultrasound, it is possible to analyze and confirm the existence or non-existence of fatty liver.

The abdominal ultrasound is a painless test that uses sound waves to produce images of your liver, and the entire process usually takes less than 15 minutes, and it is required to fast for at least 6.

fatty-liver-ultrasound-images-pictures

For accurate results, you should avoid eating fresh fruits, fried food, milk, eggs, and bread the day before the liver ultrasound test.

How an Abdominal Ultrasound room typically looks like

fatty liver on ultrasound

You will be asked to lie on your back for this test. A special Ultrasound Gel will be rubbed on your abdomen to help send the sound waves better and produce correct liver ultrasound images. Your health-care provider will then move the ultrasound sensor around different area of your abdominal, including your liver. He may ask you to hold your breath at times and/or change positions.

The liver ultrasound pictures helps your doctor to confirm or rule out fatty liver disease, how your liver functions, and whether it’s enlarged or not. In other words, it’s a very useful tool for diagnosing a fatty liver.

Healthy Liver Ultrasound picture

Fatty Liver Images

In the liver ultrasound picture sample above, it shows a typical healthy liver, at normal size, with no signs of a liver disorder. A liver specialist would come to the conclusion that the liver is perfectly normal.

Now lets take a look of a Fatty Liver on Ultrasound

Fatty Liver Images

You can actually see fatty liver images in the ultrasound above (the black area is fat that covers the liver). Fatty Liver is a very common reason for performing an abdominal ultrasound. In fact, it’s the most common liver disease in the world so performing a fatty liver ultrasound is one of the things many people go through to diagnose the disease.

I also recommend you to read full details on liver ultrasound preparation.

1. Kathleen
    Kathleen says:

I have recently had an ultrasound that diagnosed a fatty liver. I have lost 25 pounds in the last 3 months and been eating well. The pain under my right ribs started 3 weeks ago so that is why I went to the dr. Have been eating even less since the diagnosis and the discomfort is still there. My ideal weight is about 3 weeks away so I am not sure why I still have the pain. Do not drink or do drugs, haven’t for at least a decade. Liver profiles are great. Nothing in bloodwork is abnormal for my age, 46. Healthy and active, ride horses, and swim daily. Wondering if there is more going on or I should be doing. Following the fatty liver diet. Anyone with info, pleas advise. Thanks.

2. Kathleen
    Kathleen says:

3. LA
    LA says:

I really encourage those on Lipitor to seek consultation with a reputable Master Herbalist or Clinical Herbalist to give you alternatives other than Lipitor

4. billie
    billie says:

i have a question i have a friend who is 22 she is a non drinker but her liver recults are really high the doctor has sent heer to get an ultra sound does this mean she has heptatic and could she die from this i am so worried about her

5. milly
    milly says:

Hello dr. mark
    My name is milly and i just got out of the hospital after being sick for 2 months. i suffer from asthma. i started out with having bronchitis to pneumonia. the day i left the hospital they told me that i had acute asthma exacerbation and an abnormal serum liver function test. i drink wine sometimes on the weekends and i dont smoke. a few years ago the doctor had said that i had a fatty liver but that i shouldnt worry. now im worried, im always nauseas,i have back pains, im always fatigued, and just a year ago i had pain and swelling on my left leg.
    i have been takin tylenol, ibuprofen, anti inflamation pills, pain killers, cause of wrist surgery. now im wordering if all this medication has caused this. im scared. can u help me.

6. kathy
    kathy says:

i was told there are 26 somethings in the liver and a friend of mine was told 21 are not working..he has hep c…what is he talking about…

7. mario
    mario says:

Dear,

My nam is Mario, I have 36 years old and have diagnostic Gillbert syndron.
    I have one simple question, can this syndrom be a couse off ”fat liver” diagnostic with ultrasund. My ALT, AST, GGT, Cholesterol are normal, but ultrasound of my liver is very very ”fat liver”. I am not fat, i have 75 kg, and 175cm of high.

Thanks to all.

8. andy
    andy says:

hi mark
    am 43 ive been drinking for 25years and now have a fatty liver if i dont stop i will
    die,how long will that be ??and what can i take to remove the fat out of my liver
    thanks

9. Levonia
    Levonia says:

I was told I have a fatty liver, that was last year. It scares me to I have panic attacks. I feel so full in my upper right Quardrent and sometimes my left. I think I need to ask my doctor t give me a thorough examine. Even if it means hospitalization. At least then I will know how I really am doing and what I don’t have to look forward to. It takes up most of my free time, that;s all I think about.