Fatty Liver Treatment

Fatty liver is unique disease, as there are no conventional medications as other common diseases have. It’s develops due to bad eating habits, being overweight, and lack of physical activity.

Can Fatty Liver be Reversed?

For the treatment to be effective, we need to tackle two main factors. One  is a proper fatty liver diet plan to lose weight and change bad eating habits, and two (2) a physical activities and/or exercises to burn the fat in your body. If you do these two and do them properly, you have a real chance on reversing fatty liver.

Look at the following illustration. This is how you turn a “Fatty Liver” into a “Healthy Liver”.

How to treat a fatty liverWeight Loss

Being overweight is the #1 cause of having a fatty liver. There is no way around it – you must lose weight to treat the disease. And as mentioned above, it must include both changing your eating habits and by starting to do some physical activities.

But be careful – too much weight loss at an exaggerated rate might cause a side effect and can even make it worse. Take it all nice and slow, and you’ll be safe.

Get Physical

Whether its walking down the park, jogging, running, swimming, or any other type of activity that involves physical movement of your body, start doing it! Exercise will increase your metabolism, and thus will replace your body fat with muscles. Three times per week would do wonders.

Changing Your Eating Habits

Avoid foods with high levels of fat, cholesterol and sugar; in addition, try to avoid carbonated drinks. These foods are the main reason for fat build-up around the liver. Instead, start eating healthy food that has a high amount of dietary fiber and other beneficial nutrition. Learn more about the recommended foods for fatty liver.

Get a Personal Guide

If you are serious on treating fatty liver, you need all the help you can get. Instead of drugs we only got all you need is your attention and dedication. If you need a something to guide you through the treatment process, I highly recommend the fatty liver diet guide written by Dorothy Spencer BSN, RN. It is specifically designed to reverse a fatty liver. Click here to read more.

1. Ian
    Ian says:

I have the same question above that Kathy has, about NASH, I was diagnosed a month ago, but since then with diet exercise and herbal remedies, my liver tests are all normal. Can NASH be cured completely as it is under the umbrella of NAFLD. My officail diagnosis after biopsy was mild seatohepatitis?

Thanks

Ian

2. Kathy
    Kathy says:

I was told that you can reverse NAFLD, but not NASH. Is that accurate? I eat a very healthy diet, exercise all the time, yet still have NASH.

3. Patti
    Patti says:

Having recently been told that I have a fatty liver, I found and read your website. It is very helpful. Thank you for making this information available.

4. Clairissa
    Clairissa says:

My husband is 22 and 5’9, 190-195lbs. He is very muscular and does very strenuous hard labor work. He was diagnosed with a fatty liver. He doesn’t drink. We don’t understand how he got this, and how the main thing is to lose weight when he isn’t “fat” and to exercise when he literally does all day.

5. vijay
    vijay says:

My age is 27 and i feel healthy.

My fibroscan result is F0 i.e. healthy lever.

I think I have a NASH(I have to check reports, not sure).

6. vijay
    vijay says:

Also My age is 27 and i feel nothing unsual in my daily routine I am normal.

Also my fibroscan result was F0 i.e. Its fine and healthy.

But I am bored of taking all these medicines 😐

7. vijay
    vijay says:

Hi,

I was diagnosed with fatty liver around, 4 months back. As per my doctor its a hereditary, As I dont consume alcohol and my weight is 70 kg with 5’9″ feet So I am not obese either.
    On doctors advice.

I have been on limited diet with regular exercise and have been taking following medicine.

Folic Acid -2 (twice a day)
    ursocol 300 twice a day
    atorva once a day
    pantocid- 15 min before breakfast (alternate days)
    zevit – once day

My SGPT level has dropped slightly in 2 months from 70 to 60.

What would you advice ? Should I contninue wuth so many medicne?

8. Mark Bar-Gomel

Hello Anand,

As I tell to many of my patients, “natural” medications, such as Liv 52 DS, should only be taken as an addition to a proper acceptable treatment for fatty liver and not as a replacement.

In general, a proper treatment for NALFD is diet, physical activity, and changing your eating habits.

Regards,

9. Anand
    Anand says:

I have been advised by my Gastro to take Liv 52 Ds tab for been diagnosed NAFLD. I am also overweight. Please advice should I continue as I am using it for the last 2 weeks.

Regards, Anand

10. Manish vyas
    Manish vyas says:

Dear sir,
    I was diagnosed fatty liver around 20 days back. Now i am taking Heptral 400 Tablet.
    I Just want to know that in my past i was having a habit of chewing tobacco is it one of the causes or is it harmful in fatty liver disease.
    Secondly as per your article you mentioned that by weight lose and Diet control we can cure the disease will you please describe it more elaborately means how much time it will take and how much weight i have to lose and after curing this is it may happen to me again in future or its a life long disease.
    Please reply,
    Regards,
    manish

Hello Manish,
      Weight loss, diet control, and exercise, are very efficient to cure fatty liver disease.
      It takes just few months to see improvement in the disease, but could take years before total cure of fatty liver.
      After the disease is cured, you need to take attention of you health your whole life. Meaning – watch what you eat, control your weight, and liver a healthy liver in general.
      This is mainly because your body and liver are vulnerable to the disease, and mis-care could return it.

Best regards,