Fatty Liver Treatment

Fatty liver is unique disease, as there are no conventional medications as other common diseases have. It’s develops due to bad eating habits, being overweight, and lack of physical activity.

Can Fatty Liver be Reversed?

For the treatment to be effective, we need to tackle two main factors. One  is a proper fatty liver diet plan to lose weight and change bad eating habits, and two (2) a physical activities and/or exercises to burn the fat in your body. If you do these two and do them properly, you have a real chance on reversing fatty liver.

Look at the following illustration. This is how you turn a “Fatty Liver” into a “Healthy Liver”.

How to treat a fatty liverWeight Loss

Being overweight is the #1 cause of having a fatty liver. There is no way around it – you must lose weight to treat the disease. And as mentioned above, it must include both changing your eating habits and by starting to do some physical activities.

But be careful – too much weight loss at an exaggerated rate might cause a side effect and can even make it worse. Take it all nice and slow, and you’ll be safe.

Get Physical

Whether its walking down the park, jogging, running, swimming, or any other type of activity that involves physical movement of your body, start doing it! Exercise will increase your metabolism, and thus will replace your body fat with muscles. Three times per week would do wonders.

Changing Your Eating Habits

Avoid foods with high levels of fat, cholesterol and sugar; in addition, try to avoid carbonated drinks. These foods are the main reason for fat build-up around the liver. Instead, start eating healthy food that has a high amount of dietary fiber and other beneficial nutrition. Learn more about the recommended foods for fatty liver.

Get a Personal Guide

If you are serious on treating fatty liver, you need all the help you can get. Instead of drugs we only got all you need is your attention and dedication. If you need a something to guide you through the treatment process, I highly recommend the fatty liver diet guide written by Dorothy Spencer BSN, RN. It is specifically designed to reverse a fatty liver. Click here to read more.

1. prateek agrawal
    prateek agrawal says:

Sir I have fatty liver for last one year.
    My sgpt is 114 and sgot is 67.6 and its gradually increasing every month while taking proper diet and medicine.
    I don’t take alcohol. Currently M am taking Udiliv 300 and folvite 50mg. My hepatitis a,b,c are non reactive.

Sir what do u suggest?

2. Sharon Carruth
    Sharon Carruth says:

I have been diagnosed with FATTY LIVER also I have hepatitis C. I have begun taking Milk Thistle, one drop of Lavender Oil (medical formula), and one ounce of Noni Juice daily. Is it good to takes these things daily or not.

Hi Sharen,

Milk Thistle is known to be effective to many liver diseases, and there is no problem taking it daily.
      However, there is no reliable evidence that Lavender Oil nor Noni juice are effective in preventing or treating any type of liver diseases.

I highly suggest you to consider a proper liver diet plan to treat fatty liver and Hepatitic C.

Wish you all well,

3. Anbarasan
    Anbarasan says:

Sir..
    My SGPT level is always above 100 last three years, I have done all the diagnostic There is no Hepatitis A,B and C, TSH normal. CT scan shows mild fatty liver what is the treatment for this?

Hello Anbarasan,

A proper fatty liver treatment includes both changing the food you eat, plus doing physical activity.
      Please make sure you follow all the steps that are mentioned in the article.

You can also find fatty liver diet guide quite useful to start eating properly to cure a fatty liver.

Wish you all well,

4. rovil
    rovil says:

Hi,

I am 30years old and a regular drinker. I am overweight by 12kgs. i did my body check-up and came to know about fatty liver so I quit drinking and doing regular cardio exercise from last 3 weeks and also, I am taking Liv52DS and Cod liver oil tabs.

I did not consult doctor for this. please advise will it fine to take these med.

Thanks
    Rovil

5. Prerit raj
    Prerit raj says:

Dear sir
    My age is 20 and I’ve been diagnosed with NASH.i was obese at the time of the diagnosis as I weighed 94 kg and my height was 176 cm roughly 5 10 ft.i used to have vomiting twice a day, ocassional lose motions and pain in abdomen.i had high bp (150/98) high triglycerides(198), high sgpt(108) high sgot (80).I was prescribed heptral 400 and ursocol 300.

Now I have lost 14 kgs of my weight as I am only 80 kgs now , my sgpt sgot is normal
    BP a little high (135/86) triglycerides a little high (162).now I don’t have a nauseating feeling but ocassional loose motions still occurs and pain in abdomen persists.

My question to you was that how long will it take to be cured and shall I lose more weight or maintain my weight.

6. Devanandh
    Devanandh says:

Doctor
    I have a alcoholic fatty liver and am regularly taking Liv52Ds.I was told Cow urine is very Good for curing all Liver Disease.Comment

7. hemantha
    hemantha says:

sir,i am hbasg positive from the year 2009, hbv dna was below 2000 iu/ml and LFT sgot and sgpt was elevating to max 115,and alright became normal recent one year. but latest results show total bilibulrin 1.8 and sgpt is 90 and hbv dna shows 18,600 and went to gastroenterologist advice to take heprtal 400mg thrice 400mg and vitamin E tablet once ,also reduce weight and my height is 5.8inch with 94kg and finally no antiviral treatment ( still as now of no antiviral advised to me )
    i help to know whether i am proceeding in correct treatment ?

8. KAMAL CHHABRA
    KAMAL CHHABRA says:

SIR I JUST FOUND THAT I HAVE FATTY LIVER & MY DOCTOR DONE MY FIBROSCAN WITH HAVING RANGE MEDIAN OF 4.2 IQR 0.6 IQR/MED 14% AND ALL BLOOD REPORTS WERE NORMAL I AM OCCACIANALY HAVING BEER KINDLY ADVICE ME WHAT SHOULD I DO IN FUTURE I ALSO TAKING HEPTRAL

9. dawn
    dawn says:

hi i just found out i have a fatty liver and my doctor called and said i need to see a specialist and i am scared cause i never went to a specialist before

10. francis
    francis says:

Hi, I was diagonised this mrning nd was told that I have fatty inflated liver. Just google searched ur. Site now pls what should I do . Cause I knw 1 of. D causes to b excees alchl. Intake.