Fatty Liver Treatment

Fatty liver is unique disease, as there are no conventional medications as other common diseases have. It’s develops due to bad eating habits, being overweight, and lack of physical activity.

Can Fatty Liver be Reversed?

For the treatment to be effective, we need to tackle two main factors. One  is a proper fatty liver diet plan to lose weight and change bad eating habits, and two (2) a physical activities and/or exercises to burn the fat in your body. If you do these two and do them properly, you have a real chance on reversing fatty liver.

Look at the following illustration. This is how you turn a “Fatty Liver” into a “Healthy Liver”.

How to treat a fatty liverWeight Loss

Being overweight is the #1 cause of having a fatty liver. There is no way around it – you must lose weight to treat the disease. And as mentioned above, it must include both changing your eating habits and by starting to do some physical activities.

But be careful – too much weight loss at an exaggerated rate might cause a side effect and can even make it worse. Take it all nice and slow, and you’ll be safe.

Get Physical

Whether its walking down the park, jogging, running, swimming, or any other type of activity that involves physical movement of your body, start doing it! Exercise will increase your metabolism, and thus will replace your body fat with muscles. Three times per week would do wonders.

Changing Your Eating Habits

Avoid foods with high levels of fat, cholesterol and sugar; in addition, try to avoid carbonated drinks. These foods are the main reason for fat build-up around the liver. Instead, start eating healthy food that has a high amount of dietary fiber and other beneficial nutrition. Learn more about the recommended foods for fatty liver.

Get a Personal Guide

If you are serious on treating fatty liver, you need all the help you can get. Instead of drugs we only got all you need is your attention and dedication. If you need a something to guide you through the treatment process, I highly recommend the fatty liver diet guide written by Dorothy Spencer BSN, RN. It is specifically designed to reverse a fatty liver. Click here to read more.

79 comments
  1. Aita rai
    Aita rai says:

I m diagnosed with fatty liver . I m wondering so much. Dear doctor how could I away from this liver deasease ? It’s ok drink green tea? Or any other medicine which help me out from this sickness ? What about Milk thristle ? I was a former alcoholic men but I quit a month ago.
    Help help help me. Hw long it takes cure this deasease completely?
    Thnks
    Rai

Hi Ina,

Sparkling mineral water is OK to drink, but don’t drink too much because too much carbonate by itself in the sparkling water has negative effect to your digestive system.

Wish you all well,

2. Carletta
    Carletta says:

Thank you Dr. Mark and I will see about the liver ultra sound and I have been working on the losing weight.
    Thanks again for taking the time to answer our questions.
    You are appreciated.
    Take care,
    Carletta

3. Debjyoti Ganguly
    Debjyoti Ganguly says:

hii sir i am dev age is 25 yrs my s.g.o.t is 68 and s.g.p,.t is 46 so kindly suggest is it a matter of concern.

4. anthony
    anthony says:

how do you comment to my ultra sound…Liver with slight diffuse Parenchymal change probably Fatty Change……how do you advice…..thanks

5. joydeep chakraborty
    joydeep chakraborty says:

sgpt 190 sgot 84 usg showing hepatomegaly and enlarged liver of 17cm spleen normal fibroscan showing f2 fibrosis.kindly suggest

6. Sayed Rahmatullah
    Sayed Rahmatullah says:

My High is 183Cm and me Weight is 89 kg
    and i am not Drinking But i dont know why me Liver is Fatty

7. Sayed Rahmatullah
    Sayed Rahmatullah says:

Hi, I hope you will be fine. 4 month ago I went to India and i checked up myself and the Doctor told me that I have a Fatty Liver and he gave me Hepta 400mg with Evion 400 (Vitamin c). I took it for only one month. Can you tell me if I should take it or not? I am 32 year old.

Hello Sayed,

I highly recommend you start a proper diet program and advise against any medications to treat a fatty liver.
      That includes healthy foods, physical exercise and generally a healthy lifestyle.

Regards,